Saturday, December 20, 2008

Seattle treck

With the girls being homeschooled it's really cool that we get to take extra long vacations. Although by the end of two weeks the girls are so wiped out that it almost makes me think we shouldn't go for that long. It is just so hard because we get to go to Seattle once a year and we all want to make the most of it while we are there. This year was a little different. Coming home for Thanksgiving we wanted to spend most of our time with family. My dad lives in Seattle so we got to spend time with him, which was so wonderful! My sister Mendie and her two kids Eliza and Daniel came out from Idaho to visit while we were there. I can't believe how much the kids have grown since I last saw them in April. Here is a picture of me, Kansas and Daniel at Starbucks, of course! And also a picture of my neice Eliza.
My brother and his new wife Sonia were also able to come to Seattle over the holiday from Houston. The girls just adore their Uncle Nathan and Aunt Sonia so it was really cool that they were able to come as well. The first picture is Aunt Sonia and Kansas coloring as usual! And the second is my dad and brother.


The girls and I got to spend alot of family time together which was really fun. I got to take them to see my old stomping grounds all around Seattle. We also went to Pike Place Market which was beautiful all lit up with Christmas lights and trees.














I do feel bad we were unable to see all our friends on this visit out. Though I did get to spend time with my best friend Shannon, her husband Brian and their kids Emma and I got to meet baby Jacob for the first time!! I always LOVE going to Shannon's house. It is like a second home to me, no worries, no expectations. Just hangin out and having fun, and of course playing cards! Here is a picture of my girls with Emma and Jacob. So cute!!! We also were able to go to our favorite church back home Eastlake Community Church with our friends Traci and Steffan and cute little Alissa! That church makes me want to move home....almost! Again, sorry to those of you I didn't get to see on this trip. We were trying to keep it low key so we had enough time with our families this time around.

2 comments:

irmaJ said...

It was such a great visit and I am so glad that you were able to see your friends and spend time with them. That is so important when you live far away.

Your girls are so precious and they are such a beautiful reflection of you two. They are funny, smart, adorable and they and entertaining as well. I love to listen to them laugh when grandpa falls down or hits his head on purpose! It is so funny! They are the light of our lives! We are so blessed!

Melissa and the boys said...

I am so glad that you guys got to spend the time with your family and close friends! When you come up next time we would LOVE to get together and catch up! It's been to long! We are still planning a trip out to Florida in the next couple years or so!!